A major challenge for many Real Estate Professionals is the need to sharpen their writing skills. It is one of the top reasons so many agent choose not to use content marketing strategies.
Here’s Six Strategies That Will Improve Your Content Writing!
1. Create Amazing Headlines. The purpose of your headline is to get your audience to read the first sentence of the article. If the headline is bad, 99% of people will never look at look at your article. Your headline should clearly communicate the benefit received by reading the article. When considering keywords, put more emphasis on using the language of the audience and less on SEO research.
2. Add Value. Do not write to optimize keywords. Write to inform, entertain and engage your audience. Readers love when we share valuable information, help them solve problems, teach them how to do things and make them laugh.
3. Write simply. Choose words and phrases that are easy to understand. Do not use long sentences or fancy words. Do not use industry jargon. If it is not easy to read, many people will move on. Review the Flesch Reading Ease score for your articles in Word or with the Yoast SEO plugin.
4. Use the Yoast SEO plugin. This WordPress plugin helps measure many things that are important to a good article including:
- The use of your focus keyword in the headlines, content, url and description
- The location of your keywords.
- The number of characters in the content, headline and description
- The Flesch Reading Ease Score.
- The number of outbound links.
The Yoast Plugin works like a content writer’s checklist to make sure that you do not forget these simple tasks to optimize your article.
5. Include Smart Structure and Markup. Start with an outline of your article and fill in the blanks. Effectively use bullet points, paragraphs and numbering to highlight the key points. Bold, Italics and underlining can all be effective to highlight important words or phrases. Most people skim articles, so make it easy for them to find the important stuff.
6. Add Rich content. Always have pictures, illustrations, charts, videos and infographics as part of your article. Rich Content will set you apart from your competition and helps to inform and entertain the readers. It is always best that you use original rich content created for your website. If you decide to use the work of others, make sure that you have proper licensing for the intended use.
Do you have an idea that should be added to this list?
Put Your Writing Skills to Work Now by Commenting Below! Share this with the social buttons on the left!
- How Frequent Writing Generates More Leads
- How to Write an Amazing Article in One Hour or Less
- Ten Great Content Ideas for Your WordPress Real Estate Blog!
Image: © Travelindia | Stock Free Images